Termite Pest Control Services
Get Rid of Termites with Tom Samples Pest Control
Termites are highly active throughout Texas, with swarms of them coming through, particularly in the springtime and after rainfall. Although the spring and after the rainfall is the peak of the swarm, they can be present year-round, even during the winter if the house itself is warm.
These pests are destructive to homes, and it may only be a matter of time before these critters find their way into your home. Tom Samples Pest Control can help identify areas that may be vulnerable to termite attacks. We work to save homeowners millions of dollars each year from possible termite damage.
Why Termites Cause So Much Damage
These critters live in colonies, with one particular group called swarmers which are responsible for reproducing and increasing the terminate population. The other groups are the workers and soldiers.
Termites feast on woodwork, and can destroy the structure and foundation of your home. It may cost thousands of dollars just to fix one infestation. Sometimes, homeowners may not realize that the damage has been done, as most of it is internal and not always easy to spot. A team of professionals can help you detect the damage and prevent any further damage from occurring.
Here are some of the most common types of termite species:
• Eastern Subterranean Termite: These colonies are live at least 5 to 30 feet underground, some of which can be larger than the average home. The swarms are typically from February to May.
• Formosan Subterranean Termite: Considered one of the most destructive. They typically swarm during the night and in the late spring.
• Western Drywood Termite: Swarms in the daytime, typically in summer. They may fly onto homes and other wooden structures and infest the wood.
• Southeastern Drywood Termite: Swarms at night in springtime.
• Desert Dampwood Termite: Swarms in the daytime, and are fond of citrus trees.
Our Springtown pest control services can locate the source of a termite infestation and other areas around your home or property that may be susceptible. Eastern Texas is notorious for having a potentially high amount of properties affected by termite damage. That is why it is so important to have a team of professionals to help protect your home.