Cockroaches are one of the most difficult pests to exterminate. Add to the fact that roaches reproduce at a rapid rate and you have a huge problem on your hands.
Sure, you could turn to powerful insecticides. However, these products usually do more harm than good because of all the dangerous chemicals they contain.
Here are five ways to eliminate cockroaches without putting the health of your family at risk:
- Clean often – Cockroaches absolutely love food residue, especially grease. Make it a priority to wipe down the counters before going to bed at night. It’s also a good idea to put dirty dishes in the dishwasher, clean the stovetop, and sweep the floors as part of your routine. Maybe you’re thinking, “There’s no way doing all this will make a difference with cockroaches.” Well, would you rather take a few extra minutes to clean or deal with these nasty pests?
- Seal holes and cracks – Roaches are pretty nimble. Unfortunately, they can crawl through even what seem like tiny spaces. Our pest control team recommends sealing any openings between the countertop and the wall, as well as in the baseboards. Caulking these holes and cracks shouldn’t take more than a few minutes.
- Fix water leaks – In addition to food residue, roaches are also attracted to moisture and water from leaks in pipes. It goes without saying to close off their water sources as much as possible. For example, maybe you’ve been ignoring that minor leak in the basement sink for weeks. So unless you want to make those roaches your new pets, we advise fixing it now.
- Keep your house cool – The temperature is starting to really heat up in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. With that extra warmth comes more cockroaches. The last thing you want is to encourage the presence of additional pests. That’s why it’s important to keep your residence cool.
- Contact a pest control business – It’s easy to get wrapped up trying one DIY cockroach control technique after another. Don’t let this happen to you! At Tom Samples Pest Control, we understand how complex a task it is to effectively eliminate cockroaches. When you first reach out to us, we do everything possible to identify the source of the problem. Our experienced team is then able to customize a solution that fits your needs.
General Pest Control and More
Are you ready to finally achieve a pest-free environment? Then don’t just call any company that pops up when you search “pest control near me.” Here at Tom Samples Pest Control, we emphasize integrity, honesty, and character when working with customers.
Take it from Steve B., one of our recent customers, who says that “I had a nest of European yellow jackets in the walls of my house. Tom Samples’ team came out while I was at work and killed the entire nest. They also left a poison in the entrance of the nest to kill any strays returning to the nest in the next few months. I would highly recommend this company.”
See what makes us one of the most trusted pest control companies in the DFW area. For your convenience, we offer the following pest control services:
Request a free estimate today.