Bees & Wasps
Bee & Wasp Pest Removal Services
Effective & Quick Pest Control Throughout the DFW Metroplex
While bees and wasps are actually beneficial insects and an important part of the ecosystem, they can quickly turn into a major problem when they begin to nest in and around your building. Not only can they cause damage and create hassle, but cause painful stings as well.
Take Infestations Seriously
While a wasp or bee sting is uncomfortable enough, for those who have severe allergic reactions, it can be a dangerous and deadly situation. Because they are particularly dangerous pests, it is critically important to not try and remove large bee and wasp infestations by yourself. The risk of injury is far too great, and the situation should always be handled by a competent team of Springtown pest control professionals who know how to effectively and safely take care of the issue.
At Tom Samples Pest Control, we have been addressing these problems in the Springtown area, and DFW metroplex as a whole, for more than 60 years. Our experts are aware of the different species, the threats they pose, and how to get rid of them for good. We know that each situation is unique, and our goal is to offer customized solutions that are specific to the needs of each of our customers.
We can help you remove all types of bees and wasps, including:
• Honey Bees
• Yellow Jackets
• Paper Wasps
• Carpenter Bees
Get Rid of Unwanted Pests for Good!
From the moment you make the call to us, you will have an experienced and professional Springtown pest control team at your side to walk you through the entire process and show you what to expect. We will not rest until every inch of the interior and exterior of your building is covered and unwanted pests are taken care of.
24/7 Emergency Services Available
Our Springtown pest control company understands the urgent need to remove the bees and wasps on your property, and that is exactly why we offer 24/7 service to immediately address emergencies. Simply give us a call and we will have a wasp control expert out at your location as soon as possible.
Facts About Bees & Wasps
Thought bees and wasps may seem frightening to some people, they are actually very beneficial insects. They are social creatures that live and work with each other. Bees have bodies that are covered in fuzz or hair; wasps don’t. Bees eat nectar and pollen gathered from flowers. In general, wasps consume other insects or spiders as their main food source. A bee is capable of stinging only one time, due to their barbed stingers, which pulls out the entrails after attaching to the target. Because wasps do not have a barbed stinger, they are able to sting multiple times.
Recognize Paper Wasps
These wasps get their name from the papery appearance of their nests. They often build these nests under the eaves of homes, on the branches of trees, inside pipes, or under decks. A dominant female wasp will generally create the nest and lay the eggs, while the others will take care of the young. These wasps come in a variety of colors, including brown, orange, yellow, and black. They may or may not have stripes on their bodies.
About Yellow Jackets
• These wasps make their nests in the spaces between walls, in the ground, or in shrubs or trees.
• As social insects, yellow jackets have workers that tend to the young and collect food.
• Young yellow jackets will eat carrion and insect, while the adults generally eat fruit and nectar.
• They can be very aggressive and are capable of stinging multiple times.
About Honey Bees
• They are small in size and covered in fuzzy hair. Their coloring is generally yellow with black stripes.
• Honey bees play a vital role in pollination of plants and crops.
• The honey bee is a social insect. They live in colonies, where a queen will lay eggs that make up the population.
• The worker bee caste gathers food, creates and repairs the nest, tend to young, and consists of sterile females.
• The male bees, known as drones, mate with the queen bees to produce young.
• They can only sting a single time.