Something isn’t right in your home.
First, you notice blood spots on your pajamas, bed, sofa, chairs, and other surfaces. Then your family discovers tiny, black fecal matter and eggs that are just as small. The last thing out of the ordinary is skin that seems to have been shed by an insect.
It finally hits you — bed bugs have made their way into your residence and are making themselves comfortable. Your first thought may be to spray a heavy-duty pest control treatment throughout your home. What many folks don’t realize, though, is that these products can be harmful to both pets and humans.
Let’s take a look at five natural ways to get rid of bed bugs for good:
- Vacuum – The great Houdini would probably be jealous of a bed bug’s hiding ability. Before doing anything else, make it a point to vacuum all chairs and other soft furnishings, carpets, box springs, mattresses, and curtains. According to the journal Clinical Microbiology Reviews, vacuuming is a great way to pick up a large number of bed bugs and their eggs at once.
- Hot wash bedding and clothing – Worried about bed bugs hanging out in your clothing and other pieces of fabric? Then place these items in the washing machine and crank up the temperature to at least 140 degrees. Even though bed bugs are fairly hardy insects, they don’t stand a chance against this level of heat.
- Freeze smaller items – Did you know that bed bugs can live in a cool room without any food sources for up to a year? So if you want to try killing these pests with cold temperatures, you should probably think about placing them in a freezer. There’s no way bed bugs can survive in an environment where the temperature is below 1 degree Fahrenheit.
- Use tea tree oil bed bug spray – Tea tree oil is the way to go if you need to get rid of bed bugs in hard-to-reach places like crevices, cracks, and furniture joints. First, put 20 drops in a spray bottle filled with water and shake well. Then spray the insecticide wherever you believe these unwanted guests might be residing.
- Hire a bed bugs exterminator from Tom Samples – Maybe you’ve tried everything in the book and nothing seems to work. The reality is that most bed bug infestations require intervention from an experienced exterminator. At Tom Samples Pest Control, we don’t just settle for a short-term, “band-aid” approach. You can count on us to identify the source of the infestation and ensure that your residence is free of bed bugs for good.
The Most Effective Bed Bug Treatment
It’s never fun to deal with a bed bug infestation. However, the longer you wait to hire the proper elimination services, the greater the chance of a growing infestation.
When it comes to bed bug removal in Springtown, Tom Samples Pest Control has you covered. Call now to end your pest problem.