Ant Pest Control
Fight Back Against Ant Invasions
Ants are particularly destructive insects that can cause a significant amount of damage to your building. In particular, carpenter ants are a threat you should be aware of. Because carpenter ants create passageways to and from their nests by chewing through wood, the damage that they create is often mistaken for termite damage. These insects tend to prefer damp wood that is already decaying, so it is common to find them around windows, decks, porches, and other areas of the building that are especially susceptible to accumulating moisture.
Effectively Removing Your Pest Problem in Midlothian & Springtown
With carpenter ants, early detection of damage, along with proper control services, is vital. At Tom Samples Pest Control in Springtown, we have been taking care of all types of ant problems in homes and businesses throughout the Springtown and DFW area for more than 6 decades, and have the necessary knowledge, experience, and equipment to effectively get rid of your problem.Safe Treatments with Results That Are 100% Guaranteed
With early detection, our technicians can prevent extensive and expensive damage from occurring and ensure that these pesky insects are disinvited from your living or working space permanently. We offer treatment services that are not only effective, but safe for both children and pets. In addition to this, customer satisfaction is our top priority and we guarantee results 100% for every project performed.
Ants are type of insect that live socially together in colonies, which consist of:
• A queen or queens – Lay eggs for the entire colony.
• Workers – Help raise the young ants, collect food, and create, defend, and maintain the nest.
• Males – mate with the queens to produce young.
Ants are very beneficial insects that help to recycle organic matter and clear decaying plants and animals from the environment. Furthermore, they feed on many bothersome pests that can be a problem to humans.
• They are red-black in color
• Their bodies have 2 nodes and a pair of antennae with 10 segments.
• They behave very aggressively, fiercely protecting their colonies and competing with other ants for food.
• Fire ants colonies have many queens. This causes their mounds to be close together.
• Argentine ants are brown to light brown.
• Live in moist areas near a food source.
• Prefer sweets such as honeydew, and fruit juices.
• Nest indoor and outdoor.
• They are blackish brown in color.
• Their legs and antennae are very long.
• They get their name from the erratic pattern of their movement.
• Their colonies will vary in size, and can have multiple queens.
• New colonies of these ants are created by budding or during mating swarms.
• They can be colored red, black, or combination of the two.
• They generally are around half an inch in length.
• They generally create their nests beneath rocks, inside wood that has sustained insect damage, or in the holes of trees. They are capable of creating smooth networks of tunnels and chambers in wood.
• They can create satellite colonies that are made up of pupae, workers, larvae, winged alates, and more.
• They create new colonies during nuptial flights.
• Color Varies from black to red and black.
• Indoors, nest may be where water damage has occurred.
• Inside insulating wall panels and wall voids.
• Outdoor nest under rocks or in logs.
• Eat wide variety of food including sweets and proteins.
• Like honeydew from aphids.